- Improved performance of the Vulkan title, DiRT4.
- Added support for presentation from queue families which only expose VK_QUEUE_COMPUTE_BIT. This improves performance of Steam Play title, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the display to be driven at a low resolution when configuring PRIME display offloading with `nvidia-xconfig --prime`.
- Added HEVC YUV 4:4:4 decode support to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
- Added the new per-decoder profile capability bit VDP_DECODER_PROFILE_SUPPORTED_CHROMA_TYPES to the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
- Added new VdpYCbCrFormats VDP_YCBCR_FORMAT_Y_UV_444 and VDP_YCBCR_FORMAT_Y_U_V_444 for accessing YUV 4:4:4 surfaces via VdpVideoSurfaceGetBitsYCbCr() and VdpVideoSurfacePutBitsYCbCr() in the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
- Added support for creation of YUV 4:4:4 video surfaces in the NVIDIA VDPAU driver.
- Raised the minimum supported X.Org xserver version to 1.7 (video driver ABI version 6).
- Updated the NVIDIA VDPAU driver to support allocating VDPAU video surfaces with explicit field or frame picture structure.
- Added support for the GL_NV_vdpau_interop2 OpenGL extension, which allows VDPAU/OpenGL surface sharing with explicit field or frame picture structure. Picture structure selection by applications can avoid the need for implicit surface structure conversion by the OpenGL implementation.
- Updated nvidia-installer to avoid problems with commands whose proper functionality may be dependent on system localization (e.g. via the LANG environment variable.) For example, some kernel configurations may produce unusable kernel modules if LANG is set to a language other than English.