- Added support for the following GPUs:
GeForce RTX 3080
GeForce RTX 3090
- Fixed a bug that caused X to crash when the NVIDIA RandR provider was disabled while using an NVIDIA-driven display as a PRIME Display Offload sink.
- Moved layout configuration of SLI Mosaic displays in nvidia-settings from its own dedicated page to a dialog available on the X Server Display Configuration page.
- Fixed a bug that prevented 8K displays from being used in portrait orientation on Pascal and earlier GPUs.
- Fixed a bug which caused excessive CPU usage in Vulkan applications which create a large number of VkFence objects. This was particularly prevalent in the Steam Play title Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Added support for a new device-local VkMemoryType which is host-coherent and host-visible. This may result in improved performance in some applications. Applications which are known to benefit from this new VkMemoryType include: DXVK Title DiRT Rally 2.0, Steam Play Title DOOM: Eternal, and DXVK title World of Warcraft.
- Fixed a bug that caused WebKit-based applications to crash when running on Wayland.
- Fixed a bug that led to display corruption at some resolutions when using an NVIDIA-driven display as a PRIME Display Offload sink.
- Fixed a bug in a SPIR-V optimization that may cause conditional blocks to not execute.
- Fixed a bug where calls to vkGetRandROutputDisplayEXT with unexpected inputs would generate X11 protocol errors.
- Fixed a small memory leak during exit of the NVIDIA EGL driver.
- Implemented support for the NVIDIA NGX Updater. See the "NGX" chapter in the README for information on how to configure this feature.
- Removed support for the SLI modes "SFR", "AFR", and "AA". SLI Mosaic, Base Mosaic, GL_NV_gpu_multicast, and GLX_NV_multigpu_context are still supported.
- Updated Base Mosaic support on GeForce to allow a maximum of five simultaneous displays, rather than three.
- Fixed several synchronization bugs that could momentarily lock up the X server when moving/resizing/focusing OpenGL and Vulkan windows when PRIME Sync was enabled.
- Added NVIDIA VDPAU driver support for decoding VP9 10- and 12-bit bitstreams.Note that VDPAU's presentation pipeline and OpenGL-VDPAU interop does not support 10- and 12-bit video surfaces yet. See the "VDPAU Support" appendix in the README for supported decoder profiles.
- Fixed a bug that could cause dual-link DVI to be driven over a connector that only supports single-link DVI, when "NoMaxPClkCheck" is specified in the "ModeValidation" X configuration option. Note this fix may cause behavioral changes for configurations using this option.
- Fixed a bug where glGetGraphicsResetStatusARB would incorrectly return GL_PURGED_CONTEXT_RESET_NV immediately after application start-up if the system had previously been suspended.
- Fixed a regression that allowed displays to enter DPMS mode even when DPMS is disabled in the X server settings.
- Updated nvidia-settings to allow continued interaction with other pages and help content while editing application profiles.